Thursday, July 27, 2017

last few days in NC

Saturday morning we started prepping for a big Crissman gathering here at Mom and Dad's house.  What does that mean?  Mom in the kitchen (always these days!), with me at her side.  And the kids and Matt outside helping Granddaddy in the yard.










Hard workers working hard.  It yields results!


Then the guests arrived - and Uncle Eric was perhaps the most anticipated arrival? or maybe Uncle Gary?  Eric taught the kids to call him "Favorite Uncle Eric" - and anyone who plays that much high-energy Monopoly probably deserves the title ;)



Monday we celebrated a few early events - Lydia's birthday, and John Paul's gotcha.


Look at Lydia's face!  That Grandmama knows how to pick a birthday present :)


And my friend EA and her two boys were here so we had plenty of help sharing the cake too!


And now the van is loaded and the gas tank is full.  I told Matt, "I feel like we just moved into our van for the next three days."  And he answered, "Well, we basically did."  We planned one night in Kentucky, one in Wisconsin, and then meeting Matt's family at a lake in northern Minnesota.

I'm hopeful we will still be happy when the road hours get long!

3 comments:

Julie Redfern said...

That sure was a big smile! Praying for smiling faces and safe travels! I have clothes for you, just text me and we can find a time to FaceTime shop.

Anonymous said...

What an adventure you are having! It was great to see you while you were in NC. Hope your travels to ND went smoothly. I bet it will feel good to 'settle in' for a few months!
robin

Anonymous said...

glad you got to see EA there. I wish I could be there with you. Susan