Thursday, May 25, 2017

F-O-R-T-Y

Can you believe I'm 40? Can I believe I'm 40?!?!  It seems crazy but it's true.  And I'm loving every minute.

I went away for a night with four of my closest friends - we sat in the club lounge at a fancy hotel (thanks credit card points!) and soaked in the hot pools and ate and talked and laughed till our sides hurt.  It feels like lavish blessing to have ladies like this in my life.  I love each of them so dearly and they are better friends than I deserve.  Way better.

And my kids treated me like a superstar and Matt took me on a lunch date and we all celebrated with key lime pie (made by Isaac and Matt) and it was incredible, just all the way around a great birthday.

With very few pictures.  ha!


these little two still shop for me at the convenience store next to the gate of our complex.


I'm grateful to live in a place where they can spend their meager savings and exercise a little independence AND come home with something I'll enjoy. win win win!


Here's to 40 more :)

1 comment:

Mom said...

Had to scroll back a few dates to find your late birthday post. Dad and I also marvel at how you got to be 40 - where did those years go? Thank you for being the wonderful daughter, wife, and mother you are - you are a blessing to us all! We love you!