Friday, May 26, 2017

throwing them out the window

I hope that one of the ways my kids describe our homeschooling experience is "fun".... so we are fully committed to throwing our completed school books out the window!



Nothing says "last day of school" quite like a good heave of a workbook, or the growing pile on the ground below.


They stand on a chair to get better leverage ;)


I thought about having them come back upstairs and look up the word "cathartic" in the dictionary, but I figured a dictionary might ruin the moment, so we'll save that one for next year :) ha!



And the 2016-17 school year is over.  I have two rising 6th graders, and a rising 3rd grader (and a rising 1st grader, and a rising K)... but it's a bit more complicated than that because Lydia will join a 5th grade class with her age-peers this fall, and eventually I hope to put John Paul and Luke in the same "grade" as well.  But homeschooling allows flexibility, so we are going to work with what we've got :)



2 comments:

Julie Redfern said...

That looks fun!!

Paul said...

did your Mom and I not let you have a cathartic enough experiences?
looks great!
love
Dad