Wednesday, April 26, 2017

oh these days

Three days after John Paul's stitches were removed I was back again, this time with Luke....


 for a foot x-ray.  He was climbing off the bar stool and it toppled, and his foot swelled and after three hours he was still in a lot of pain and the swelling was not going down.


But good news: no fracture! whew!  And I hope I'm done with little boy medical emergencies for a good long while!

Even with no fracture, he was not putting any pressure on his foot or walking at all, and the next day school was not an option.

I took this photo Tuesday morning at 10 am.  By this time I had...




1. listened to Julianna declare "I've never seen anything like this before in my life" - referring to a review page in her math book.  seriously?

2. worked alongside the little guys (minus immobile Luke) to clean up play doh (why is this such a mess-making activity??)

3. cleaned up a large tadpole spill (yes, much to my chagrin we are again raising tadpoles and yes, the entire bucket dumped, and yes, Isaac was crawling around on the pond-water-soaked floor picking up live tadpoles..... sigh)

4. coached Lydia through the tadpole crisis (it was her critters that dumped, and for a child who really detests pets of all shapes and sizes, she is remarkably attached to those tadpoles)

When these boys wanted to paint it took more than one deep breathe for me to squeeze out a YES.  ha!

Of course, every crazy hour is worth it.  But the calmer hours are a bit easier on this momma!


We finished early American History (Leif Ericsson through the Civil War) but I'm tacking a few more books on to the end.  I will miss this next fall, and I'm tentatively planning to jump back in to American History in the spring.

Home school is definitely on the down hill slope!  I can't believe we have another year under our belts!  We are days/weeks away from finishing several pieces of the curriculum .... it feels good to be wrapping up another school year.

2 comments:

Grandmama said...

Some days/and more can be especially challenging. Glad Luke's injury was not too serious. Love to you all!

Julie Redfern said...

Oh my! I'm tired reading that. Your crafting patience is, as always, admirable!!