Wednesday, March 29, 2017

swim meet 2017

This was a big year for my swimmers - Julianna back in the pool and soooo confident compared to last year!  I think that was my favorite part!  And Lydia!  year one! (minimum is 9 years old ... next year I'm hoping Isaac is on the team too!)


And, another fun tidbit!  It worked to FaceTime Matt for two of their races.  I would call right before the swimmers got to their lanes, he would watch the race, and then I'd call back later for the next race! It took a bit of texting and some communication blips, but it worked.  (We didn't really get to visit with him, for one of the races he was in a meeting and not supposed to be on his phone! ha! and for another race he was on a bus and I have no idea who that guy is but I'm sure Matt will fill me in when we get a chance to visit....  The time change has made communicating a bit tricky - we did squeeze in some FaceTime with the family today and I'm staying up late tomorrow night hoping for a nice long chat just me and him - for the first time since he left! ugh.)

Here they are after their first races...


Then Julianna got 1st place (in the second heat) for her 25 breaststroke.  She was plenty pleased with that!


My favorite picture of John Paul from the day :)  It's a lot of swimming!


We had just enough homeschool swimmers to send a 4x25 relay team!  They were just pumped to be in the race!  (Lydia and Kayleigh swam 'up' an age group to make a full relay.)


The entire day is so well run and I'm just grateful Homeschool athletes are invited to participate!


And after their race! holding their ribbons and watching the boys homeschool team race!


My little ladies have such sweet friends and I'm so thankful for these girls (and their mamas!)


And then we loaded the van to head back into town and this somewhat weary Mama pulled out one last treat to top off a fun day!  But whew, I was exhausted (and I had a schedule phone call that evening too!)

yay for another successful swim season!

2 comments:

Grandmama said...

Wow, the girls did great swimming - good competitors! So proud of you. And fun to watch the whole five celebrate with drinks and FaceTime with Daddy.

Paul said...

such a great story, and so proud of the swimmers. and the boys to stay in the stands - I have heard it does not take long to watch a lot of a swim meet.
love
Granddaddy