Sunday, March 26, 2017

just jumping in

I have half-written posts about both boys' birthdays, and their birthday parties, but I'm missing many photos.  As my phone gets older the photo quality is getting worse, and I often find myself reaching for Matt's phone to take a picture.  Which works great when he is around, and then he's gone and I don't have the pictures!  ack.


Last Monday was the prettiest day we have had in months! Sunshine!  We scrambled through some school and then took beach towels outside and I read-aloud in our history books.  (We're making steady progress .... reading about Abraham Lincoln's childhood now, then on to the Alamo and Harriet Tubman.)

Unfortunately the sun and warm did not stick around and we continue to slog through an unseasonably cold March.  High of 52 yesterday, and brrrr, it's a chilly wind.


Matt was home Friday so we canceled home school and played Ticket to Ride (the kids' birthday gift to Matt).  These guys are really getting into strategy games.

Now we plow into an incredibly busy week.  The girls' bible club helped lead worship this morning.  Then after a quick lunch we went to see a piece of Julianna's art that was displayed in an International Schools art show downtown.


That's her owl.  'Hoot' is the name of her piece :)


Tomorrow is our most "normal" day for the week ahead, and Mondays usually kick my tail!  Then Tuesday it's the swim meet and off to the races (literally)!  I hope to do a lot of posting this week!  We shall see!

oh. And Matt?  it's a big week for him too :)



3 comments:

Grandmama said...

The picnic in the sun looks marvelous - hope the sunshine and warm temperatures come back soon1 Good job on the owl, Julianna, love your colors. And buen viaje (good trip), Matt.

Paul said...

I like Hoot
love
Granddaddy

Julie Redfern said...

Love the picnic and the girl's hair is getting long!