Sunday, June 12, 2016

family pics and the lake (again!)

Our last days in town came quickly.  First up, a family picture.  These moments, when all of us.... Grandma and Grandpa, Matt, Andy and Krisanne and all their families are together - it's rare.  So we were thrilled to get to take some family photos.

I've already seen the proofs and they are really really great - so thankful!  Here's a little sneak preview of the granddaughters on the porch swing.  Only 3 of the 11 grandkids are girls and they were born right in a row (#s 3, 4, 5 in the grandkid list).  So perfect for them!


the boys were super handsome too, and Grandma found perfect matching ties and I love it when my boys dress up - (even though Isaac detests any shirt with buttons!)


ummmm, have I mentioned that all my boys adore these big cousins of theirs, especially John Paul!


We got a quick lunch and loaded up for the lake.  The sun was shining and we were ready!  


The water was cold.  But the excitement could. not. be. contained.  


it was awesome




yours truly is going to wait for a warmer day to get behind the boat, but these kids had a blast.  And it was incredibly fun to watch them!  Matt and Andy got in too - hard to say who had more fun on that one.  The guys behind the boat?  Grandpa driving hard to bounce them like crazy?  or the kids in the boat watching and squealing and screaming and all "I can't believe our dads are doing this!"?



And a few final pics of all of us enjoying the backyard, such a great spot to relax and visit and eat watermelon, roast S'mores, swing, play checkers, help Grandpa with the trees...





I'm missing pictures from Matt's phone so I'll have to come back and add more when I get them.   Sweet days.  Short days.  and we were on the road again.

4 comments:

Julie Redfern said...

Glad you are having fun! And I'm with you, I don't like cold water.

Grandmama said...

Fun, fun, fun! What a great house to host a large family!

Paul said...

love the boating photos — looks like loads of fun
love
Granddaddy

Susan said...

What great pictures of what definitely looks like a great time! Your boys look mighty handsome in those ties!