Thursday, April 21, 2016

when the skies are blue

No one can stop talking about our gorgeous weather.  We just don't get sunny days like this, certainly not all in a row, yet they keep on coming.  It feels a bit like we are playing some weird weather slot machine and we keep pulling the handle and, against all odds, we keep winning, so we wake up the next morning and pull the handle again!


One sure fire way to raise my spirits is with sunny blue skies, so needless to say this has been a great week!  We keep thinking of more ways to spend more time outdoors!  One morning we took a picnic blanket outdoors and I did read-aloud.  The same afternoon the girls dragged camping chairs downstairs for more sun-baked reading.


While the girls read I took the little boys to the neighborhood bike repair man for some help with Luke's bike.  This sweet man and his wife operate out of a little push cart parked on the side of the road just a block from our house.  Luke's chain falls off, again and again and again.  I'm tired of being the resident 'get your fingers greasy fixing the chain' fix-it person.  I wasn't interested in trying to shift the rear wheel back to tighten the chain a bit.  (and matt is out of town.)  This guy captivated our interest, and fixed the bike - all for less than a dollar.


and even when the skies are blue, we still stay inside sometimes ;)  the afternoon quiet with these two is priceless.  I love the cuddles on the couch, and the piles of books, and the sweet little heads resting on my shoulder while I read.  On this particular afternoon we were finishing up a puzzle before the reading started.





3 comments:

Mom said...

Glad you're being blessed with beautiful blue skies - looks wonderful!

Paul said...

fixing bike chains is a challenge,
glad you found "bike repair guy
love Dad

Julie Redfern said...

I think all the sunny days/sunshine is what I will miss the most about HI! Even though up here at Schofield we get more clouds than other spots on the island and it has the nickname "castle Grayskull"! I will miss the blue skies and breezes!