Thursday, September 10, 2015

views from the day (with lots of Lydia)

It rained and rained hard, all day Tuesday and Wednesday.  I mean, all. day. long.

Rain rain rain rain rain rain rain.

So this morning when I looked out the window and realized the ground was still wet but it was not raining that very minute, my spirits soared.  Oh, a day we might actually get outside!

But it was not meant to be.  Luke threw up within the first hour and the day was not terribly difficult (he bounced back admirably and took a monster nap) but it was all indoors.  Again [sigh].

Tomorrow, surely, I will get outside!

Even stuck inside, I took a few pictures.  Scenes that are so so common, but barely make picture-worthy status.

Lydia's abandoned school desk.  The roll paper taped to the window is the rough draft of her writing assignment.  The desktop clutter is just Lydia - she likes a nice cluttered desk :)


What Lydia was working on while she wasn't at her desk..... joining forces with John Paul to create a monster mess (aka fort) in the boys room.


This scene is all-too-common, and at noon when I'm sitting in the hallway holding a white-faced Luke next to a plastic throw-up basin and encouraging the kiddos to at least pick up something before we try to figure out what to eat for lunch, well, I'm thankful that not every day is like this one :)  ha!

But the room got picked up in a jiffy and we found bugs in the rice (argh) but we washed it clean and ate it anyways, and while waiting for it to finish cooking Lydia sat next to me at the kitchen table and read books to Luke.  Preciousness.


And here's the rest of my view, Luke in my lap, Lydia reading beside me, and the two boys waiting for lunch.  [Can't remember what Julianna was up to.]


The afternoon passed quickly with an unexpected visit from a friend.  And tomorrow I will find my way outside!

3 comments:

Grandmama said...

Makes you appreciate the not sick days. Good big sister, Lydia!

Paul said...

that glass is more than half full
love Dad

Julie Redfern said...

Caroline was reading over my shoulder and told me she just loves Lydia's curls! We've had lots of rain here too.