Saturday, September 12, 2015

9-10

September 10th

Ninth month, tenth day

Makes sense that a country that loves to pull symbolism out of numbers would choose the day that sounds most like counting (nine, ten) to honor their teachers.

Usually this day creeps up on me and I feel woefully under prepared and last year I bought two big youzis (think giant grapefruit) on the way to school for the girls to gift their teachers.  [Bonus that the half mile walk to school passes several bike cart fruit sellers so picking up fruit is about as tricky as walking a straight line.]

But this year I was remembered a few days before and yay! we were ready - colored paper, scissors, glue, stickers... we churned out some home made cards.  Of course Julianna's was beautiful - she wove colored strips of paper and created a masterpiece.  And Lydia made her teacher a rainbow loom bracelet :)

and Luke, well, don't tell me this face and these cards wouldn't charm your socks off!


Oh, and I did declare myself everyone's favorite teacher :)  ha!

1 comment:

Mom said...

I'm sure you are their favorite teacher! The girls clearly love home school and I bet Isaac is learning to love it too.