Sunday, June 7, 2015

the first week of summer?

Our first week of summer flew by.  Of course it doesn't totally feel like summer since the boys are still in school (mornings) and the girls are still in school (afternoons) but I'm not home schooling, so that feels like summer! 

I'm not a huge fan of this schedule, but it should only last another week or so and then we'll be into to full-on summer, so I'm trying to just hang tight and enjoy these weeks for what they are. 


Honestly, the mornings that the boys are in school and my girls are home but not home schooling feel odd.  Empty.  I should probably be using them to really get bigger projects done but this past week I wasn't super productive.  One morning I had some walking errands and the girls came along on their roller blades.  We laughed a lot :)  Mostly at/with Lydia who tends to squeal when she gets a little wobbly.  

With everyone home and no school to accomplish there's just lots more time for everything.  And the house gets really really messy.  Oh well.  


One afternoon we dropped the girls at school and went shopping.  Because everyone knows shopping with these three guys is an adventure.  They were the only ones with an agenda (spending money for two new matchbox cars, each) and I was just along for the ride.  


I mostly shop online and at the local fresh market, so it's rare that I enter this type of mega store looking for groceries.  Because I hate it.    I hate the crowds and the noise and the constantly changing stock selections and the stress of it all.  But Thursday I realized that if I just shop with them for what they want, and we go early afternoon when the crowds are thin, it's really an enjoyable way to spend an hour.  We might do it again this summer :)  

Sunday night and summer week #2 is headed our way.  woohoo!

No comments: