Wednesday, June 3, 2015

summer surprises

You just never know with packages.  We have more "lost in transit" stories than I care to count.  But this spring my father in law proved his sleuthing skills and actually managed to track down a package that was listed as "damaged, undeliverable".

It was damaged, but undeliverable?  nope.  Not after he (via USPS) logged a claim and tracked down a phone number for us.   Matt was able to touch base with the mail facility and find out that the package had been sitting for months in a mail sort facility just a mile or two from our apartment!  

So here I am, with a stack of Christmas cards.  yay!  I was so so so sad to miss getting these, I love reading, love the pictures, love putting them up in my kitchen.  Dear testimonies to the Lord's faithfulness and sweet reminders to pray.



There were a few missing pieces from the package (ugh!) and it's certainly odd to receive long sleeve tees when the outside temps are closing in on 90 degrees, but fall is coming and we will wear them then!  [Big bummer that I had ordered Riverside tees for all five kids but only three made it all the way here.  I wonder where those other two shirts are, and who is wearing them!?!??!]

It's closing in on dinner.  I have chicken in the oven and rice in the cooker and my five are all outside.  Matt works late Wednesdays this semester so it's a nice quiet house to enjoy before the noise of the evening begins.

And tonight I'll be finishing up my stack of Christmas cards!  Most definitely better late than never!

No comments: