Saturday, January 24, 2015

winter break

The girls are officially done with the fall semester at local school!

Even though we've been school-ies in the local system for a while this feels like a big achievement to me!  We did it!  One entire semester of local elementary school!

The mantra continues to be: not easy, but worth it.  We - not just the girls, but me, the rest of the family - we all learn so very much from our foray into the local school system.  In recent years it has been, without a doubt, the biggest hardest learning curve for me, and it continues to give me glimpses into life and culture that I'm not sure I would have gotten elsewhere.

So we'll press onward.  The spring semester starts up on March 2nd, and we will be there, uniform on, backpack full, ready for whatever the spring holds.  We're gearing up for Isaac enrolling in first grade this fall at the elementary school, and starting to talk to the preschool administration about starting the little boys a few mornings a week in March.

And for now?  It's winter break!  Still homeschooling, but with more time to cover our bases since the afternoons are free.


I love this picture of Lydia running towards Grandpa on the last day of school!  She always runs to me, curls flying and backpack bouncing!

2 comments:

Grandmama said...

What joy on your face, Lydia!

Paul said...

Lydia's photo
thats why Granddads come to visit
love GrandDad