Friday, January 16, 2015

the end of the week

Wednesday morning my neighbor Ashlei and I decided to shake things up a bit and take our combined 8 children downtown on the subway for a visit to the Science Museum.

With Matt's full confidence (ha! he said "you are going to take who where on what?" when I told him our plans!) we headed out..... and it was a smashing success!  Thank goodness our subway system is really quite user friendly.  And the "shock and awe" factor of loading 8 white children onto a subway car tends to stun passengers into voluntarily giving up their seats so our kiddos can ride safely.

We met another friend there and the building was EMPTY!  Yay for homeschooling!  We can go to the museum when everyone else is in school!

Our children are becoming more familiar with this sweet spot in the city as we return again and again.    The water area is a big hit :)


And then I spent most of yesterday at a seminar on Third Culture Kids.  It was fascinating.  I learned so much about my children!  So so grateful for the opportunity to be there!


Well I'm off..... it seems that a few internet moments is all I can grab these days.




1 comment:

Mom said...

Look forward to learning more about your third culture kids!