Monday, July 28, 2014

a birthday party

Guess who celebrated her first birthday?


Little Wheat!

Last August I watched as this precious baby joined her forever family.


And last night I celebrated with them as they rejoiced in her first birthday!

She is just as amazing as she can be.... about ready to take her first steps, drooling as she cuts more teeth, laughing hard when her Daddy tosses her in the air, speed-crawling after her big brother and scavenging his toys :)

Her mother was not the only one to tell me "I'm surprised she lets you hold her, she almost never lets a stranger hold her."

I grinned big.  I'm no stranger to this girl's story... and while I doubt there is any way she could remember me (I hadn't seen her since last fall) maybe deep down in her soul she knows that we share a significant bit of history!

You can read the post about her adoption here.

1 comment:

Mom said...

What a sweet update. Little Wheat looks like she is thriving. And how wonderful that she chose you to hold her!