Tuesday, July 16, 2013

They're in! (Peace!)

Yesterday Matt dropped by Peace Elementary to check news of new student listings.  And they were posted! 

This is the school gate, and that big board is full of names.... names of students who are on the transfer list.  Even though our new apartment is two blocks from Peace Elementary, Julianna and Lydia are considered transfer students since we are foreign passport holders - technically we have no "home district school". 


As Matt walked towards the postings he thought, "it'll take forever to scan that list of names". 

But it didn't.


See them? 

Isn't that so fun?

We have to go by Friday or Saturday to finish registration.  Convenient since we'll have just moved.  Also, arguably inconvenient, since we will have just moved.

The move is officially in progress.  We took out our bathtub and moved it to the new place Monday morning (yes, it's kind of like the proverbial kitchen sink - we are taking our tub with us.  I took pics and will try to post them soon - getting that tub out of our miniscule bathroom was a challenge and a half.  More on that later.)  

7 comments:

Grandma Jan said...

Yeh, yeh they are in the school you want them to go to. Now, the bathtub, well, lets just say it surprised me just a few moments when I read it, and then well, oh, yah, I guess they want there old bathtub. You guys are too funny to me sometimes. Love you. Grandma Jan

Anonymous said...

School postings! Hurrah! Having school so close will be most convenient-maybe not a word often used in your daily dealings. LOL
The bathtub..that is great! I'm proud of both of you for your diligence @ accomplishing "hard" goals. You are the best!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm so glad that you have heard they are in! What wonderful news. I'm praying for you guys and for this new transition to your new home and school. I know you all will be such a blessing to those that meet you. I'm excited to hear of your new life there and can't wait to see pictures of your new place so I can imagine you there :). Love y'all, Whitney

Krisanne said...

Yay! So glad they made it in! And we totally missed you last weekend and would have LOVED to have you with us! Someday...

Cheryl said...

My Chinese is getting better - I recognized their names! I am confident that all things will work out for good during your move and transition.

Paul said...

i'm like Cheryl, I am so pleased with my progress in learning to read a Chinese document. And so very happy for you all.--love Grandaddy.

Mom said...

Congratulations - love that Julianna and Lydia will be right there in the neighborhood school! We love you all!