Tuesday, July 2, 2013

in the rain

We're having a rainy start to the week. 


Something about spending all day indoors drives everybody crazy.  Please tell me it's not just us. 


This guy has his own wear-able rain hat - the trash guy for our apartment complex.  He is such a sweet man, always greets us with a big grin.  Unfortunately, we can't communicate.  He is partially deaf (wears hearing aids, but maybe they don't help much?) so he can't hear me.  And his speech is deaf-affected local dialect, which means I can't understand 96% of what he says.


I grin and wave when I see him, and it seems that's all the communicating we really need to do to develop a friendship.  Yes, that's our big diapers box he's hauling away - although with my youngest approaching the 16 month mark I'm already counting down the months til we are done with diapers!  With a household of seven I'm sure we generate more than our "fair share" of trash, so I'm especially grateful for this man's smiles!


The huge grin strikes again for John Paul .....


but I did manage on picture with a more serious face.  Yes, I agree.  He could be a magazine model. 

Also, can you just see him walking down Franklin Street on his way to a football game in about 15 years?!?! 

And last, we all know what a bit of rain and 90% humidity will do to curly locks, don't we?!?!?


I often get asked if this is what Lydia's hair looked like when she was little.  And the answer is No.  Lydia's hair was curlier.  Believe it.


A hair cut is on the horizon for this curly topped little boy.  [Sniff, sniff.  At least I have my curly girl, and my own always-pony-tailed head too.  I do love the curls.  Funny to me that I hated my hair for almost two decades.  And now I love to have my little ones turn out curly headed!]

1 comment:

Grandmama said...

Love that second photo of JP - he definitely would fit in today on Franklin Street, not sure what the fashion will be in 17 years! And love those curls!