Sunday, November 21, 2010

10 to 70

We arrived at the airport at 5:45 am Saturday morning.  It was 10 degrees. 

Two flights later and we landed.  3pm.  70 degrees. 

Exactly.  

This afternoon the girls and Grandmama went cruising in Granddaddy's convertible. 


It feels good to be back 'home', as in 'the place where I grew up'.  But it always surprises me how much has changed.  I feel silly asking for directions but the city changes fast! 

I am looking forward to our time here for many reasons, including several really fun reunions I have planned!  A three day getaway with my college roommates, a beach trip with our dear friends from China, and some day/half-day adventures with other friends that are in the area. 

In God's good providence, I am even getting to meet up with some folks who are not normally in NC but our paths are crossing here, for a season, and I can't wait!  And the fun starts tomorrow morning.  The kids will be having some fun times of their own, and we are headed to the zoo on Tuesday. 

4 comments:

Brent, Sara, Hannah and Sam said...

Welcome to NC! Looking forward to our time together in a couple of weeks - hope you guys have a blast at the zoo - if you haven't been in a while - take your walking shoes :)

Anonymous said...

Your weather sounds wonderful!
Have fun- Jeni Jones

Julie Redfern said...

Your parents don't look happy at all to have Julianna and Lydia in the car with them!! Enjoy and we will see you soon! I have my ticket!

Anonymous said...

So fun to see your girls riding in NC style! Have a wonderful time, each of you!
Love BN