Friday, August 20, 2010

road trips, part two

Day two started with a two hours westward drive into the heart of ranch country.  This is probably my favorite part of the state.  It is just beautiful.

We visited Paul's family ranch - a huge chunk of land complete with every thing a child could ever want to do or play or explore.

Right after we arrived Paul and Matt and Julianna left on a four wheeler to go find and bring in the horses.  


I grew up shooting a Red Ryder BB gun and the girls got their first shots in on this trip.  Brought back tons of memories for me -



We chased ducks and chickens, found the sheep, rode tractors, and played with the farm cat. 


 Everybody got a little time on horseback....





And we ended the day with a birthday party at the (only) local restaurant, Trappers Kettle.  Check out the birthday girl in her boa, and the moose and deer and buffalo heads mounted on the wall behind


The fun doesn't stop here!  Tomorrow morning the kids and I will go watch Matt compete in a triathlon and then we head to the lake for a vacation with my family.  Whew! 

1 comment:

Mom/Grandmama said...

So much fun - brought back memories for me too. From my childhood and from yours too. Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow! Love you all bunches, Mom/Grandmama