Friday, August 13, 2010

bad fingerprints and big rainbows

Wednesday I got a phone call .... good news and bad news.  The good news?  Matt's background check cleared.  The bad?  Mine didn't.  My FBI fingerprints were unreadable and need to be re-done.

What?  Who even knew someone's fingerprints could qualify as "bad"?  Cell phone pressed between my shoulder and ear I looked down at my fingers.  Bad?  What exactly can you do to make your fingerprints 'better'?

So I went back to the Sheriff's office (where they remembered me - gotta love small community living!) and re-did my fingerprints.  The tech tried really hard to get clear prints, but it turns out some people just don't have good fingerprint-ing fingertips.  oh well.  Left the county office building and drove straight to the post office and mailed my second attempt at clear, read-able fingerprints to the state government offices.

We cannot accept a baby until my background checks clear, so that's a little frustrating.  We can still match, but not bring a baby home :(  So we wait, again.

Later that afternoon I opened the mail only to discover that we did not get one of the grants we applied for.  I knew we wouldn't possibly get all of them, but it's still disappointing to read "we cannot help you at this time".

But then, just to prove how good and faithful and perfect His plan is, I opened one more envelope.  A note and a check from friends, encouraging us to persevere with adoption.  The friends, new adoptive parents themselves, wrote one short line on the card:  "The adoption process isn't always easy... but the end result is pure joy." 

Of all days for me to open that letter!  Wow, thank you Jesus!

And as if that wasn't enough, in one final display of His majesty, He wrapped this through the sky last night.



I took the photos standing in our driveway facing east.  It was actually a full double rainbow (look closely on the far right side of the photo and you get a hint of the double... the camera didn't really pick it up well). 

So we keep on keeping on.  Hoping that one day, soon, we will have our new baby :)

2 comments:

Paul said...

beautiful photo, but- so sorry about the news.

Jaci said...

Awesome. God is so faithful...hang in there friend!! Looking forard to hearing the news of your new baby!!!!