Monday, September 22, 2008

water = fun

Our family has GREAT Sunday afternoons. Yesterday after naps we went out to see what kind of adventures we could find. We were also semi-shopping for an alarm clock. We never did find an alarm clock, but at one store I spotted this little trike, with a seat on back. I couldn't resist loading the girls on and taking a few photos. [We've had great weather the past week or so, and the temps are supposed to stay high through Friday - the girls wore summer dresses to church this week (two weeks ago they were in tights and long-sleeves!)]


The newest "attraction" in town is a plastic swimming pool filled with floating toys. For about thirty cents, your child can grab a "fishing net" and play to her heart's content. A few minutes after we arrived the girls were deliriously happy. Lydia, who totally ignored the net, was methodically grabbing anything within reach and tossing it on to the pavement behind her. Julianna was waving around the "fishing net" and snagging things right and left. Both were already wet and getting wetter by the minute.

Here's a shot of Lydia, mid-toss. One of the little ladies in charge of the plastic-toy-filled-swimming-pool attraction picked up each toy and threw it right back in. Lydia was blissfully unaware and just kept tossing.


It is most definitely fair to conclude that Julianna was having a good time!


And, I thought I'd share my new look when I'm "out on the town" - yep, I've pretty much put the double stroller away for the next six months (until #3 arrives) and I'm back to single stroller status (after an entire spring of double-stroller-ing my way around town). I can't believe how "sporty" I feel with just the single! [And no, I won't be offended if you bust out laughing because I think I'm "sporty" with a single stroller and not-quite-3-year-old walking along beside me. You gotta take what you can get, you know??]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful family, such sweet girls! Love the matching sundresses! And you do look sporty. Life is relative.

Anonymous said...

How fun! You look great by the way! I am sorting through some maternity clothes this week to see what I have for you. Love Julie