Tuesday, July 6, 2010

how was the trip?

Lots of folks have asked "how was the trip?"  If I had to choose one word to describe it I would choose "LONG" :)  But if given a second word, I'd definitely go with "SMOOTH".  

Seriously, all things considered (a 14 hour plane ride with three young children), it was just plain smooth.  [Except technically speaking, the flight was actually one of the most turbulent I've ever been on, so when I say SMOOTH I'm not referring to low turbulence!]

The most traumatic event came about three hours in to the long ride when one of Lydia's colored pencils dropped into the airplane potty.  Not a happy moment.  But we recovered nicely, and even enjoyed about four hours of simultaneous child-sleep at the end of the long flight.  Unfortunately, since our family of five shared four seats (imagine the whole family on a not very comfortable love seat with no leg room), three kids sleeping did not leave a lot of space for adult sleeping.  Oh well.  I wasn't planning on a lot of sleep anyways :) 

The best part?  All the smiles waiting for us at the end of the journey!







1 comment:

Mom/Grandmama said...

We're so glad you had a smooth ride! And what wonderful smiles to greet you in Fargo. We love you and look forward to smiling at you too!