Tuesday, July 20, 2010

the fancy fisherman (fisherwoman?)

So Julianna joined this fishing-crazy family in their favorite past time and went fishing for the first time yesterday.  Her super fun cousins Connor and Carson let her borrow one of their old rods and she went fishing "off the dock".  

Except she didn't quite get the terminology and called it "fishing on the dock".  In her defense, she did stand on the dock as she fished, so I can see why she was confused about the wording. 

She wore her best fishing outfit ...



and, much to her surprise, caught a fish! 


I guess it goes without saying that she did not touch it :) 


This morning Matt, Andy and Grandpa took the three girls fishing.  Not sure how the trip will turn out, but I certainly look forward to hearing the details when they get back!



This is Andy and Matt's second trip out today, and its only 10 am.  They aren't having a lot of luck yet, but it's just a matter of time before they return with a cooler full of walleye.  I am not a big fish eater, but it's good stuff :)

I have no plans to get up early and fish, but I might try to catch the sunrise one morning.  The lake, the cabin, our view.... it's all just beautiful.





3 comments:

Mom/Grandmama said...

Love that expression on Julianna's face! And what a beautiful sunset - marvelous! Love you all!

Julie Redfern said...

Caroline would totally agree that that is one great fishing outfit!! I love it!! Has she seen the pictures of Caroline kissing the fish she catches? I am with Julianna though and don't enjoy touching them. Enjoy the walleye when they get some! Love Julie

JBC said...

I think Julianna's outfit fit the occasion perfectly and am fairly sure that I have a similar outfit packed and ready to go for when we go fishing as well ;)