Wednesday, December 30, 2009

getting ready for Grandmama

My mom arrives late tonight. After 4 days flying solo with the kids, I'm not sure who is more excited about her arrival - the girls (who know that Grandmama = lots of hugs and crafts and reading books) or me (who is desperate for some adult company!)

This morning we worked on some decorations in preparation for her arrival.

Lydia gave a great demo of "what happens when mom leaves me unattended with the glue"....


Julianna is such a hard worker. Once she stopped to ask me for help and said, "Mom, I am trying my best".


And Isaac. He didn't create anything, but he had a grand time chewing on the kid scissors (don't worry, no sharp edges so he didn't get hurt!)


I expect her to call in a few hours and let me know she arrived in country - then one more (3 hour) flight and she's here!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your mom might be even more excited than the 4 our y'all! Enjoy the adult company and help with the kids!!
love, susan

Paul said...

Susan got that right ! and wishing youall the best of times - the welcoming decorations look great !
love GrandDad

Anonymous said...

Yippie! I am excited for you guys! I know you will have a blast. Can't wait to see some picture of her visit. The Christmas pictures were great. I really like the matching pj bottoms! Love Julie