Wednesday, December 23, 2009

FOUR

The long awaited day finally arrived! Julianna is FOUR! We had so much fun celebrating her life today.

She chose the entire day's menu. Pancakes for breakfast, pizza for lunch, hotdogs for dinner. [Not what I would have chosen, but I guess that's the point.]



It brought me much delight to watch her enjoy this day so much. She was so excited all day long.

She wanted cake with strawberries (she loves that her birthday falls in the middle of strawberry season here).

Well, I'm certainly not one to decorate a fancy cake, but I figured I could handle a few strawberries. And all was going pretty smoothly until one chunk of the top layer started to break off and threaten to fall. Oh yikes. What to do now? I momentarily panicked but the extra strawberries came to the rescue.... and the strawberry border around the bottom of the cake (reinforced with a few toothpicks) saved the day. [That's the letter 'J' on the top of the cake - her request.]



But the day wasn't without a few wrinkles. Isaac picked up a stomach bug and is one sick little boy. Matt and I both have felt a little out of sorts, but managed to avoid most of the gunk that Isaac is dealing with. And, amazingly, so far the sisters seem to have been spared (I say this with fingers crossed..... I walk around waiting for one of them to tell me her tummy hurts as she throws up on my feet.)

Anyways, in the midst of all the birthday celebrating, I've been doing lots of laundry :) At about 7pm tonight I was beyond frustrated. But now I've showered and started yet another load of laundry, and just enjoyed looking through photos of the day. Here's hoping for a good night's sleep and a healthy family in the morning!

Four years ago tonight I met this sweet little girl for the first time! Oh how we LOVE you Julianna Faith!

8 comments:

Paul said...

Happy Birthday Sweetheart !
love GrandDad
and you sure look like a 4 year old too.

Grandmama said...

Happy Birthday, Julianna! And you got to choose the entire day's menu? A whole day of celebration! Look forrward to seeing all those presents you got next week! Love you!

Anonymous said...

What a big girl! 4 years old! Happy Birthday Julianna! Can't wait to see you next summer! Love Julie, Justin, Caroline, and Will

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Such a sweet post-thanks for sharing! I hope the yuck bug doesn't spread through the whole family.
love,
Susan

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, It sure sounds like a great birthday!
Uncle Mark and Aunt Marie

Brent, Sara, Hannah and Sam said...

Happy Belated Birthday Julianna!! Love the post -what a fun day of celebration!

Jaci said...

Happy, happy birthday Julianna!! Nice work with the cake my friend! :-)

Mom with a Mission said...

Happy 4th Birthday Julianna!! Hope you had a fabulous day celebrating. Looking forward to seeing you guys soon. Melanie, Dave, Abigail & Nathaniel