Thursday, March 15, 2018

shucks. wrong S. oh well.

So this evening everyone is happily scrambling.... wrapping gifts for the birthday boys (Isaac turns 9 tomorrow, Luke turns 6 on Sunday).  It's a bit chaotic, with plenty of "no one come in this room!" and "who has the tape now?" and loudly whispered secrets from one sibling to another.  I love it (and maybe I love it a bit more when Matt is here but he's on a train and will be home late and ready to wake up and party in the morning so yay for that!)

And Luke is at the kitchen bar labeling his gift with a marker when I hear, "Shucks.  Wrong S.  Oh well."

The "To: Isaac" line is a little tricky to decipher when the S looks like a backwards 3 but man at that moment I was just so thankful for a laid back little boy who kept on writing :)


and who stays busy gathering packages!  It's been a week full of present talk and it brings much joy to see them choosing how to best bless their siblings.  Lydia and Julianna have quite the gift picked out for Isaac and I can't wait to see him open it!

Last Friday (before I headed out of town) a friend and I met at the Provincial Science Museum downtown.  A few years ago we visited somewhat regularly but then the museum closed for a complete remodel and neither of us had been back.  And it's newly re-opened and wow did they do an amazing job!  It's gorgeous!


We covered only a bit of the territory and already have plans to head back again.  The space and flight exhibits and pretty cool.

and they have a neat little "headless magic" too ;)


My trip was a delight - just a treat to see friends and engage with them in my world.  And I enjoyed a pretty amazing sunset on the flight home.


I also picked up a pretty amazing flag for my Lydia.  She won 2nd place in a writing contest that she entered while we were living in North Dakota and the prize was a US flag that has been flown over the Capitol Building in Washington DC.


It is really really cool.  And we are so proud of our daughter.

So tomorrow the birthday celebrating begins.  woohoo!

3 comments:

Grandmama said...

I want to go to that science museum!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Go Lydia!!
Life is full for the Kvernans!!
robin

Julie Redfern said...

I love good science museums! And way to go Lydia!!