Friday, June 30, 2017

a few last things from our Asia home

Before I get too carried away recording our earliest weeks in America I need to post a few last photos from our Asia home.

Both girls sewed tons in our final weeks - Julianna made this quilt (and also the dress she is wearing) and Lydia made drawstring bags (most of which she sold!)


Monday morning was the boys' last day of preschool and quite possibly the last day of preschool for our family, ever... unless we enroll the boys for a few brief months next spring?  I was glad Matt was home for this event, and he even took the boys to breakfast on the way.


and took a picture of each boy with their main teacher.



Later that afternoon Matt and I snuck in a date (thanks to a friend who offered "is there anything I can do to help you get ready?"). The skies were crazy blue and we got in some good conversation (after two back-to-back trips I was ready to talk to my man!)


Tuesday at noon we said goodbye to Ayi, the lady who keeps our home floating and my sanity in tact!  She will be working for us when we return (I hope!) but fewer hours.  She's been with us since I was pregnant with Luke, a tremendous help and blessing!


And that evening, a final goodbye from our neighbor Alice who teaches the girls piano and babysits on occasion and loves to bring us fruit :) She recently returned from the far northwestern reaches of the country and - as always - brought gifts!


And then it was bedtime, and off to the airport, and the other side of the world.

No comments: