Tuesday, April 28, 2015

getting ready for a birthday

Today was my Mom's birthday.  We celebrated in style :)

We started Monday with the cake baking.  Everyone here LOVES to cook.  I step into the kitchen and the kids run for the counter.  Lucky me, these days its Mom who is often stepping into the kitchen and managing the help.

On Monday afternoon I left Mom and the boys baking cake and set out to meet the girls at school.  Last I heard (as I shut the door behind me) John Paul was claiming he could crack the eggs and Isaac was vehemently denying his ability!  [There was no egg shell in the piece of cake I ate tonight, so my guess is that John Paul did not crack eggs, at least not directly into the cake mix!]


Walking to school all by myself is a special treat.  So is walking home with just the girls.  We only have a few home school weeks left but local school will stay in session til July.  Argh.  I'm semi-dreaming of pulling the girls out of school when their classes start preparing for finals.  The prep will last for weeks and it'll be practice test after practice test after practice test (with all the fun/extra classes canceled to make more room for.... practice tests).  Since we don't officially test "in the system" I'm hoping we can work something out that results in fewer afternoons of terrible boredom and more time at the pool for everyone!


Back to the birthday prep - we returned home, dropped back packs, oohed and aahed at the cake and gathered scooters and brothers for a walk to dinner.  Mom picked a yummy tex-mex place in a nearby mall and we were off....


Matt met us there and the celebrating began.  More coming later, when the pictures *finally* load!

No comments: