Saturday, April 25, 2015

Friday/Saturday

I'm hardly taking any pictures.  I need to get out the camera and make sure I'm getting photos of the kids with their grandparents.  

Luke is still a tricky kiddo when it comes to sleep.  It's hard for him to settle down at midday and at night.  He sleeps fewer hours per day than any of my other kids!  And he's the youngest!  By Friday this week he was sleepy and grumpy.  By Friday this week I was struggling to parent him well.  He climbed up in my lap and I got this picture.  Nothing fancy but it's pretty much exactly how both of us were feeling at the moment.  


Right after I took the photo I texted Matt and asked what he thought about going out to dinner.  Even when the menu plan said "leftovers" I was overwhelmed with the idea of getting it on the table and cleaning it up again :)  

Luckily we have a great restaurant right across the street.  And ice cream for dessert :)  


This morning we walked down to the local sporting goods store.  Two of our boys needed new helmets for their growing heads.  I loved this line of colorful kids taking a short rest before heading to lunch.  

Julianna bought rollerblades and spent almost four hours this afternoon on them!  She said her ankles were sore!  Isaac is also a new roller blade fan - but his cash flow is a little low to be considering a roller blade purchase.  I'm praying that I'll see a used pair for sale in the next few months.  [This time of year we see a lot of turnover in the expat population of our city, so it's a great time to be looking for roller blades!]  


And after lunch Mom and I headed for Ikea where we bought a new set of shelves that will be my "linen closet".  It's set up and hiding behind the door of our bedroom.  After all our walking and with the addition of our new shelves we decided to take a three-wheeled motorcycle cart home.  



Now the house is quiet and I'm headed for bed.  Tomorrow's forecast is beautiful and we often spend Sunday afternoon at a park.  Maybe I'll take my camera :)  

1 comment:

Grandma Jan said...

Loved those three wheeled motorcycle carts. Loved them. Especially when those out of shape feet were sore from all the walking. Grandma Jan