Tuesday, November 11, 2014

a bus ride to dinner

Today we met the girls at school pick up and headed for the bus stop.  My kids think bus riding is a treat, a luxury, a valid entertainment option.  So we rode to dinner at Ikea.

It's only a mile from our house and we walk it no problem.  The bus was to ante up the just-for-fun factor.  [yes, living hear Ikea is pretty awesome in some ways, but mostly we love it for the ice cream.  this isn't really my decade for having a hip-euro-style-decorated home.]

I'm also a big big big fan of the Ikea kids play land.  Only Isaac and John Paul currently fall within the fairly stringent height restrictions (between 1 and 1.2 meters tall), but still, it's a solid win for our family.  Luke and the girls and I walked the showroom and then took a nice long break in the children's area before going to get the two boys and heading to the cafeteria for dinner.

We're old fans of snack bar hotdogs but they were advertising a new kids meal so we thought we'd try it out.  Zero rave reviews but no one left hungry... though I'm not sure we'll order it again.


Julianna is getting so good at doing her own hair!  She did these braided pigtails at school today (hopefully during a class break... but maybe during class?!?  oh well.)


The ride home was especially exciting since we got an articulated bus.  These bad boys are LOOOOONG!  I was a few rows from the back (Julianna and Isaac behind me, Luke on my back).  It was mostly empty this time of night and everyone was disappointed when we had to get off.  ha!

We left to get the girls a little after 4 (dismissal bell rings at 4:20) and got home about 7.  Pretty sweet way to spend an evening.

3 comments:

Grandmama said...

Oh for the days when we could entertain with a simple bus ride! Love that beautiful face between the pigtails!

Julie Redfern said...

Sounds like fun to me! What a great way to spend an afternoon.

Anonymous said...

Julianna rocks. I should let her do my hair next time. Susan