Saturday, August 23, 2014

two girls

These two are just charming!  A pair of daughters is turning out to be pretty great stuff for this momma.


They are such good friends it's almost eerie.  I cannot imagine one without the other.  They have their moments ("Mom, she's trying to finish first on purpose to make me sad" and "Tell her not to look at my paper or she'll just copy it, she always wants to draw what I'm drawing" and "I'm not taking her dirty clothes to the laundry basket, she can do it herself") but mostly they spend 95% of their lives within several feet of one another - and live to tell about it, happily!

I do not take it for granted.  Gentle personalities, loads of grace, lots of time together... that's what we've been gifted.  And I'm grateful.



Tonight I'm home.  Alone!  Yay for me!  It's been a long week and we haven't seen much of Matt and - incredibly - the crazy is just getting started.  He got home today and I was so thankful to see him that I locked myself in our room and he took the kids out for noodles :)  This quiet home is like a dream.  He'll be back for baths/bed (I told him not to hurry! ha!) but this little heart of mine needed quiet and I'm thankful for two hours.  Off to whip up a quick something to eat and do some reading.

2 comments:

Julie Redfern said...

Yay for some quiet time! Those girls are so sweet.

Grandmama said...

So glad the girls are best friends. A relationship to treasure.