Sunday, August 3, 2014

this will take a while....

This post, I mean.  Our internet speed recently slowed to a snail's pace and I'm not really able to post much.  We do tend to get faster service in the mornings, but it's a rare morning that I'm able to get any time in front of a computer!

This morning Matt took the kids on a short walk to our local market to buy breakfast so I grabbed a few moments to start uploading photos.  And now I'm back later to add some text.

We are still loving our summer - heat and all!  These are great days for us, and while the routine of a school year will bring different blessing, I will miss these summer days.

One afternoon last week we walked a few blocks to these little stores where my kiddos love to use up their spending money :)  Stores filled with all sorts of little trinkets ... Several kids bought little gifts for John Paul and his upcoming celebration (August 6 marks two years HOME for John Paul!)

Not to spoil the surprise, but he's getting a deck of cards and a new blue pencil :)  Told you they were little gifts!

He will LOVE LOVE LOVE it - the day all about him and the little gifts and everything else.  [Do you see him in the photo below? He tends to blend in a crowd like this, at least blends a lot more than my blond headed ones!]


Lots of contemplation for Isaac - he's a relative newbie to allowance and tends to spend it quickly!  


And then Saturday Matt got in a great morning bike ride with a  friend (in the mountains east of town) while the kiddos and I tried to keep cool in the pool.  



Today we all joined Matt on bikes for a great family ride - we also abandoned any hopes of staying cool!  Sweltering heat but so worth it!  I managed to get a few pictures that I hope to post.  But it might take about a zillion years to upload them, so don't hold your breath!
In the meantime, we're off to enjoy these last weeks of summer....

2 comments:

Grandma Jan said...

Love, love the photos. Thank-you sooo much. Sooo praising God you were spared the earthquake. Sooo thank-ful His will to keep you guys safe so far. So sad for all the involved. So awful. Love you all.

Grandmama said...

Wish we could be there for John Paul's gotcha day - I'm sure he will enjoy being boy of the day!