Friday, February 14, 2014

with helpers like these..

... how do I ever get anything done?!?!


There are days when I have to take a deep breath.  And remind myself: The point is not cookie bars.  The point is parenting.  Motherhood.  Loving, leading, serving.  Jesus.

But man oh man, there are times when I wish the whole point was cookie bars.  And I had a kitchen all to myself to bake them in.  Wouldn't I be so great at that?

It sure would be a whole lot easier than this whole motherhood gig.

Note: That's my winter hat Luke is wearing while licking the spatula and yes, it is now in the dirty laundry pile because cookie batter shows up really well on white hats.  I see at least four misplaced shoes on the floor, Isaac's shirt is on backwards and John Paul is desperate for a hair cut.  This is my life.  and i love it.

4 comments:

Grandma Jan said...

So very well said, Mama. Wishing the cookie bars wouldn't have been the point so often in my children's growing up years. Love you all. Grandma Jan

Paul said...

355 58343John Paul's hair looks just fine— I don't think it is to long.
Granddad

Julie Redfern said...

EXACTLY! I need to have your attitude about it more than I do.

Mom said...

Love the photo of your three helpers!