Saturday, February 22, 2014

is it ever too cold to fish?

Apparently the answer to this question is NO.

It is NEVER too cold to fish.

Exhibit A:


That's a lake, you know.  Under the trucks.

Seriously.


I wasn't there, so it's hard for me to provide a lot of commentary on these photos.  But I will say that Isaac was pretty pumped to be included in this group of men.


These boy cousins of his are just spectacularly good to Isaac (and my other little boys).... so thankful!













Maybe I can come back in a few days and add more notes and details.  Isaac is already asleep for the night and Matt is out of town so my sources are currently un-available.  But a trip like this (epic in Isaac's memory) is one for the blog, so I'm glad the pics are here.

We're in a 4-day stretch with the boys and I here at home. Matt had a meeting in NC and took the girls with him so they could get a little extra grandparent love from my parents.  It was a delayed (and tricky) trip but they made it just fine - all winter long it seems that the story is some variation of 'it's a bad day to travel' and today was no exception for Matt and the girls.

Here we are just solidly Brrrrrr Cold (down thirty-ish degrees from earlier in the week) but not a flake in the sky, the weather issues were all in Minneapolis and areas south of there.

2 comments:

Grandma Jan said...

An absolutely wonderful group of men.Grandma Jan

Anonymous said...

I never have embraced the ice fishing fancy, but like your pics showed, maybe it is a "guy" thing! LOL
So very thankful the guys took time to enjoy the fun & to include the next generation of ice fishermen! BN