Friday, July 25, 2008

ready for takeoff

We spend a lot of time on airplanes. Julianna's age on her inaugural flight? 10 days! And she hasn't slowed down since. Like most kids her age, she is fascinated with airplanes. So today when we headed out to the Chiang Mai airport museum, we knew we were in for a treat.

The airport museum is basically a few hangars with old Royal Thai Air Force planes. The cool thing is, the hangars are on the runway. The same runway that the commercial flights use. A few minutes after we arrived, a 747 headed our way, ready for takeoff. Check out this photo of Julianna and her buddy Wendy Jane.



We were SO CLOSE to the planes - a pilot even WAVED at us!

We also wandered around the old Air Force planes...



The airport museum is the only excursion we've made away from the Juniper Tree (aka family camp!). We love it! Here are a few photos from the pool....





Only one more day :( We head home on Sunday morning.

3 comments:

Patt said...

Well, looks like everyone is feeling well and having a good time! Love the photos - Lydia is looking so much older! A beautiful family. Love, Mom/Grandmama

Jaci said...

Cute pictures!

Sorry to hear that you have been sick, me too! I have had a real bad stomach bug...this whole week! Yuck. But I think I am on my way to being well again.

Hope you have a safe trip and good transition going home.

Miss you!

Paul said...

like most kids my age, I am fascinated by airplanes too-- and I was 20 when I took my first flight.

glad you are feeling better

love
Dad/GrandDad