Thursday, May 31, 2018

my birthday celebration


With Matt back in town and the conference over it was time to celebrate ME :) 


Luke had been especially anxious for this day to come and we started the party early with gifts before breakfast!  He is smitten with me and I'm loving it!  


And this son, John Paul.  Recently I've been having "I can't believe I get to call this boy mine" moments and I think it just comes in waves, the crazy gift of this child.  Also, he knows I like chocolate. 


Older, wiser, more mature, yet still young enough to hold hands with his mama and doesn't fall asleep without a kiss.  9 years old is pretty perfect for this guy.  


Her gift for me was a key lime pie and I exercised all sorts of restraint to wait until dinnertime to dig in!  This girl is really turning a leaf, seems so mature and taking on all kinds of responsibility and handling it well and man, she is a treat!


Yep, almost as tall as me.   Maybe by her next birthday? Or mine? Or maybe a bit longer?  I think both of the girls will eventually pass me in height.  Being her mama is one of my favorites, even on the days when the tween-teen transition is in full force! 

and how did I miss a picture with my man?  Lunch date and all the ways he serves me every day!  I'm just happy to be his.  On my Happy Birthday. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A Happy Birthday 🎂🎁🎉
Family style - 😍😍❤️
The best

Julie Redfern said...

Happy birthday!!