Tuesday, August 27, 2013

handmade

John Paul really loves these sock monkeys.  Sometime during moving week he locked onto these two little guys and it was love right from the start.  Now he wants them every time he goes to sleep.  He wants them tucked in beside his ears and he's so careful to keep his arms down by his sides so he doesn't knock them over! 



On this day he even let me cover him up with a blanket - most hot summer days he wants the blankets beside him not on him. 

And if you've ever wondered how long it takes him to fall asleep at naptime?  Well apparently the answer is "not long".  Maybe he was even asleep before I closed the door behind me?!?  My little guy cannot stay still long when he's awake! 

Must have been a good morning for my favorite 2 year old :)

Made doubly special by the handmade goodness.  Blanket from my Mom (his grandmama) and sock monkeys from Matt's Grandma Ruth (John Paul's only living great-grandparent).


4 comments:

Grandmama said...

Love that sweet photo - so angelic. Love seeing John Paul using his special blanket too. We love you all bunches!

Julie Redfern said...

So precious!

Grandma Jan said...

Love it Laura. Thanks for the post. Jan

Lindy D. said...

So sweet that John Paul is attached to these handmade gifts.
My grandmother use to say, "Always remember that there was love in every stitch."