Friday, June 28, 2013

the squinty smile

John Paul loves to mug for the camera.  EVERY time I pull out the camera he INSISTS that I take a picture of him. 

He's perfected his photo face.  And it looks like this...


here it is again....


and again .....



It's a big squinty grin.  I love it.  So one night we decided we'd imitate him.  Of course, it's the one picture where John Paul isn't squinting (or looking at the camera!), but it's still fun.  All of us know the "John Paul picture face".


We are just over a month away from the ONE YEAR anniversary of our Gotcha Day.  I can't believe it.  Even in the past month I feel like he's really grown even more "into" our family.  He has this new little smile that starts behind his eyes and is just pure relaxed joy and contentment.  I'm not sure how much of the new smile is just normal growth and development and how much of it is part of his continued "growing" into our family. 

But I love that smile.

Doubt I'll ever get photographic evidence of the new smile though.  As soon as he sees the camera he whips out the big squinty grin :) 

2 comments:

Grandmama said...

John Paul, I love your big squinty grin too! You broadcast intense joy and a keen sense of self - wonderful! We love you!!

Susan said...

What a sweet face!