Saturday, June 29, 2013

like the big kids

Luke's got a long road ahead of him... a long road of chasing the big siblings.  His desire to be "just like the big kids" is already in full swing.

Check out his chopsticks eating demo below.


He is hardly competent with a bowl and spoon, but is determined to add chopsticks to his repertoire.  It's monkey see, monkey do around here. 

And the monkey is Luke. 

The picture of Luke totally reminds me of this picture of Isaac (age 2 1/2).  We all start somewhere, don't we?



But back to Luke... this guy runs himself ragged trying to keep up with the big kid antics.  He's also got a strong will of his own.  Try convincing him we aren't going to the playground when he wants to go to the playground!

His vocabulary is really taking off and last week he put two words together for the first time.  I turned off the light in his room for a nap and he said "on.... more".   I knew exactly what he meant :)  But vetoed his suggestion and let him nap instead. 



He is still a tricky baby (or maybe I should say toddler!).  Definitely the "hardest" I've had in many ways.  He's still on reflux medicine, still struggles to rest well during the day, still keeps me guessing what he'll do on any given day.  He's my reminder that all my good plans and intentions (that Luke often seems to spoil - try home schooling with a toddler that naps inconsistently, at best!)... anyways, Luke reminds me that my strength is really nothing, and God is good to accomplish mighty things in and through! my weakness and inadequacy. 


He's a precious little one, and I love the moments when he snuggles his head into my neck and relishes his baby role.  Usually it's only for a few minutes though, before he's off and running with the rest of them! 

3 comments:

Mom said...

What a cutie - Luke has a wonderful squinty smile like brother John Paul. Looking so forward to hugging you all here at home before long!

Grandma Jan said...

Precious!!! Love you all. Grandma Jan

Anonymous said...

Precious, precious words & faces!BN