Sunday, May 12, 2013

all seven again




Matt is home.  He got in later than we originally hoped (and missed seeing the kids) but boy were they excited to have Daddy greet them this morning!  I was pretty excited to let him do the morning greetings and stay in bed late too!

It's inevitable.  I run high-energy the whole time Matt is away.  I stay up late (really late).  And within about 15 minutes of him walking in the door (no matter what time of day he arrives), I'm exhausted.  I love that feeling, the security of having him back, no longer singly responsible for some many things.  And I sleep, oh such great sleep!

We decided last week to postpone our family Mother's Day celebrating for a week.  With the crazies of the past few weeks (apartment looking, contract signing, etc) and Matt arriving back home the evening before Mother's Day we went for the low stress option of celebrating a week later :)

Tonight Matt and I have a "date night in" (after kids are asleep at our kitchen table!) to talk apartment details.  We hope to sign a contract with a contractor this week and get this ball rolling!

And we might start tossing around a few dates for a summer trip back to the area Matt just left?!?!?  He's anxious to get the whole family up there.  The kids are busting to go.  I think it would be incredible.  We'll see what God has in store....  

[sorry the picture is small and squished.  I don't have the time to figure out how to make it bigger but not too big right now.  click on the picture for a better view.]

1 comment:

Grandma Jan said...

So glad Matt is home. Would not myself ever care to go there, except if you lived there. Glad for your togetherness happiness and excitement to do the crazy trip. Hope it comes true for you all, maybe when Luke is 10???? No, I know we are miles apart when it comes to this kind of thing. HAPPY MOTHERS DAY Laura. Love you bunches. Jan