Tuesday, February 12, 2013

travel days (or is it travel daze?)

Matt took this picture while we were checking in for our flight.



It's pretty much perfect.

Perfect in it's blurriness.  Travel days are not crisp clear. 

Perfect in the child-chaos.  Luke diving for freedom.  Julianna heading somewhere.  Me most often with one of the little boys in the ergo, one in the stroller.  [John Paul is actually best on my back, he prefers it and so do I.]

All six of us (me and the five children) tucked close together.  If there is one thing I say a hundred times on travel days it's this: "Stay close to Mommy."  

Perfect with the bags.  This trip we had three duffels.  Thank you airlines for taking our luggage early and returning it at arrival.  I cannot imagine air travel if we didn't get to dump our bags at the airport door.  Hallelujah!

We flew Thai Air (red carpet priority treatment to travelers with children) and let me tell you, they know how to love on families.  And I appreciate it :) 

You can't see it clearly, but Isaac's shirt says "My Dad is Awesome".  I didn't plan it, but it makes the picture that much more perfect.  Matt wins the Dad of the Year Award every time we travel.  He is amazing.  Just amazing.

Love parenting this crew with him.  On the road and at home. 


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Laura and family! So glad you are back 'online' - I was having Kvernan withdrawl - missed seeing pictures of your adorable children and hearing of your adventures! So glad you had a such a good trip - productive work time, good family play time, and hopefully some good progress for Luke with his reflux. I imagine it will be good to get settled in at home. Blessings-
robin

Jaci said...

Love it. Y'all are just precious.

Mom/Grandmama said...

A beautfiul family attracting more than the typical share of interest in airports. Folks might be skeptical of sitting close to you until they actually do and experience the joy of your family. Love you!