Monday, February 18, 2013

back to reality

One week (almost) back in reality. 

The big three will start in Chinese school on Wednesday. 

Our helper comes back this week (hallelujah!)

It's starting to feel normal around here again.

And I'm re-remembering a few things. 

1.  It takes so much longer to get out of the house in the cold weather.  So much longer.  So so so much longer.  I am grateful we have good winter clothing and stay warm outside.  But it does take a while to get out (mostly the two littlest boys).  

2.  Stuff here is cheaply made.  One month away and we returned to two fix-it issues; a leaky shower and mis-functioning hot water heater.  Matt fixed the shower and re-caulk-gunned his way through our bathroom :)  Our hot water heater has been giving us problems all winter.  The repair guy(s) are familiar faces.  They've been here twice in the past week!  Yeesh.

3.  Seeing the sunshine every day is a gift.  Pure gift.  I miss it already. 

I'm sleepy early, we've been fighting a nasty stomach something (maybe food poisoning) and there has been a lot of yucky stuff to deal with, night and day.  I *think* the worst of it is behind us. 

I still have a zillion great vacation photos so I might just sprinkle them here and there over the next weeks.
 


Isaac discovered a new foosball passion.  At the end of every meal he'd say "I'm full up to here [holding his hand at neck level]. May I be excused and go to the kids'  play area?"  by which he meant "I'm done with waiting around for this meal to be over, can I just go play foosball?" 

It was awesome.  Now he knows what he wants for his birthday.  I almost think Matt would buy him one too. 

3 comments:

Mom said...

We envied you that warm weather in Thailand! Just a few more weeks to spring. Glad you're feeling bettter. Love you!

Grandma Jan said...

Well, maybe someday Isaac will get a football table like the one you grew up with from Uncle Harold's bowling alley. Wouldn't that be fun. Love you guys, and no I don't envy the heat. It makes me thinks of the heat in Indonesia, and right now I'm cozy inside watching an old fashioned winter storm here and not minding it a bit. I'm crazy I know. Love to you all. Grandma Jan

Leslie said...

Fooseball is fun! We gave Andrew a little table top version for Christmas and he loves it. Found it on amazon. It just has two rows of players per side and fits perfectly on the table. Glad to hear you are settling.