Wednesday, April 21, 2010

welcome home mommy

Monday night as I waited in line to board for my flight home I called Matt.  His first sentence?  "I'm ready for you to come home now".  [And yes, I asked him if I could put that on the blog.] 

Turns out everyone was ready for me to come home.  The girls even made posters for the door.  



I had an amazing time away.  Such fun.  And now I'm back to my favorite job ever:  wife and mommy to the crew here at home. 

Unfortunately, I'm fighting a nasty stomach something and my re-entry has not been as smooth as I had hoped.  I started some cipro last night, and I am eager to put this behind me and really have the energy to love and care for my family.

Tonight Matt and I are judges for an English speech competition on campus. I'm still hoping I'll feel good enough to go.... the competition doesn't start til after bedtime, so I have all day to recover and regain some energy.  As a native English speaker, this isn't the first time I've been qualified to judge an English competition, but it's been a long while since the last one.  I am looking forward to being on campus, and I am sure I will be (as always) impressed with their English. 

In the meantime, the girls and I are headed to the kitchen to bake some cookies before Isaac wakes from his morning nap! 

2 comments:

Mom said...

We've missed you too! Glad you're home with the ones you love - those are some big smiles on Julianna's and Lydia's faces! And poo on a stomach virus - put a damper on those first days at home. I loved judging English speaking contests in Thailand - I never had to prepare! Hope you felt like going. Love you and miss you! Mom

Krisanne said...

Glad you had a good trip, Laura, and pray you feel better soon!