Thursday, January 14, 2010

armadillo shopping

I'm way behind on a lot of admin-type stuff, responding to email, etc.

My children are in the middle of intense "Grandmama just left and I don't have anyone to play with" hangovers. My husband is working like crazy and keeps saying it will slow down soon. I want to do a fun post with lots of photos from my mom's trip, but that will have to wait.

In the meantime, I'll leave you with this:

Yesterday afternoon the kids and I headed out to the store. We needed a few essentials (a light bulb, plastic bags, and some jelly beans). Anyways, we're about halfway there and Lydia is just trotting along, a tad bit quieter than usual, so I lean down to ask her "Lydia, what are you thinking about?"

Without even looking up at me she answered, "buying an armadillo".

No wonder she was so quiet. Armadillo shopping is serious business.

7 comments:

Paul said...

tell to buy me one too

love GrandDad

Krisanne said...

That's hilarious! Do you have armadillos there?

Julie Redfern said...

Have you been reading stories about armadillos? In Louisiana we would see armadillos as road kill instead of squirrels. Good luck shopping for armadillos Lydia!

Jaci said...

TOO cute!! :-)

Leslie said...

Somehow it doesn't surprise me that jelly beans are on your list of "essentials." I thought of you today as I enjoyed a Y2P...it was a spot hitter. I wish I could have shared it with you.

Grandmama/Mom said...

What a sweet commment, Leslie! Laura and I shared a Y2P while there. As far as needing an armadillo - perhaps Lydia was thinking of adding to her wild animal collection that Great Grandmother Hodges sent?

Anonymous said...

Oh, so funny!
Kelly