Friday, March 27, 2009

Julianna's first haircut

In all my free time (ha ha!) I decided to give Julianna her first haircut! Actually, I'd been thinking it needed to be cut for a while now, and just hadn't done it yet. And it seemed like a fun little mother-daughter activity we could enjoy together.

So, this past Monday I pulled a chair up to the kitchen table, set up a little mirror, and went to work. [Speaking of first haircuts, it was also the first time I had ever given anyone a haircut!] Next time I'll skip the mirror and try a movie or something (like my friend Leah recommended). Julianna did NOT keep still for one single second. But I did my best.

She was exactly three years and three months old :)



Here's the finished look :) She's cuter than ever!

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Reminds me of the time I gave you a haircut in Europe. It was my first try. Good thing your curls hid all of the mistakes.

For Issac, I recommend a pair of clippers. You can't go wrong with those.

Paul said...

Laura, your first haircut was in an old timey (especially for Raleigh) ( think Andy Griffith & Mayberry ) barbershop in what is now the trendy area referred to as South Glenwood.

and you were extremely cute too.

love
Dad/Granddad

Anonymous said...

Laura you look wonderful! And so does precious Julianna's haircut!
love, susan

Anonymous said...

Darling little girl! You do both look great - can't decide which one is cuter! Love, Mom