Monday, April 2, 2018

Easter weekend


We had such a sweet Easter weekend!  It started off with a bang!  Matt and I spent Friday night away at a hotel in town while our dear friend Anna stayed with the kids.  My 5 adore Anna and cannot get enough of her - she is such a blessing to our family!  

And, bonus points! She did the egg dyeing!  I'm normally a fan of this kind of activity with my kids but I might have some trauma issues from past years dyeing eggs with many many little little hands.  It just doesn't sound nearly as fun as it used to.  Of course I'm throwing in the towel just as we are hitting the easy years! but oh well 


The kids did create some really cool eggs and Matt and I arrived home Saturday to bowls and baskets of gorgeous eggs. 



Saturday afternoon we three ladies got deep into the kitchen and started on cooking and baking for the big day.  Apple pie and bacon wrapped green beans and cinnamon rolls and basting hams and .... by 5:30 I was not interested in turning my mind to dinner so we went out instead. 


This little miss was looking sassy in her Daddy's hat and I'm still not sure when she started looking so much older.  


Sunday morning we woke to our Easter garden surprise (see Lego Jesus?) and I'm thankful for Matt running with this project this year! Some of these little traditions are still such a treat for the younger set, and my big kids love doing it just because "we do it every year".  

Then, breakfast feasting time!


We planned to drive to church but a dead battery foiled those plans and sent us towards the subway instead.  I think most of the kids actually prefer this mode of transport as infinitely more interesting the car-riding. 


Not your typical Easter morning drive to church, but the skies were gorgeous and we were all together!


After church it was time to seize the day and get a family picture before the kids made a quick break for play clothes and then Easter egg hunting and a big potluck meal with loads of friends. 


These people make me happy.  And I love to party with them!  Happy Easter! 

2 comments:

Grandmama said...

Looks like you had a fine Easter weekend!

Paul said...

that does look like a fine Easter weekend and I like traditions too.