Sunday, February 18, 2018

helping his mama

This boy right here?  He's one of my favorites!


And one day I hope God gives him the gift of making some other woman very happy when she realizes how his handy-man skills bless her household!  He cannot stay away from a tool!  And with his new birthday tool set he is ready to work!

Yesterday he tightened the screws on one of my homeschool filing racks.  He was proud as a peacock and walked around the house saying, "If you want something fixed I'm right on the double."  {his slightly altered version of "be there on the double" that I love more than the original.}

I was bursting with pride, my little guy already a helper.  Then I heard Julianna say "JP, I'm not sure momma wants you to fix that."  Yep, he still needs a little guidance and a tool-carrying John Paul is half blessing, half risk factor around this household. ha!  But I'm excited to see where this personality bent leads my little man.

3 comments:

Ann said...

That is so adorable ! Yes, you will need to monitor his "fixing things"...but what a joy for him to be helpful.

Paul said...

I think John Paul personifies being "right on the double"
love
his Granddaddy

but I am probably a biased judge. (and will always be!)

Julie Redfern said...

He is pretty awesome! Eric really misses hanging out with your boys. Or more adequately misses wrestling and playing football with them!! Good luck harnessing that gift!!