Thursday, January 18, 2018

wrapping up here

Well we are still waiting for visas.  sigh.  Actually Matt has a visa, but the kids and I are still waiting, and we are really hopeful we will hear something today.  Or tomorrow.  Because our flight leaves on Sunday and pretty soon this will be solidly into "cutting it close" timing.

I flew home from Orlando on Monday morning, after a sweet visit with friends and so grateful for the time God gave us together.  I was missing my little people!  Tuesday we hit the highlights in town - Chic Fil A, the library, and our favorite park.  It was a perfectly "life in America" feeling kind of day and we enjoyed every second.


Love love the library.  And the parks.  Chic Fil A isn't too bad either :)


Today it's snowing, and we might not be back to the park for a few days, but we do have a mile high pile of library books to enjoy.  In fact the bigs are all reading now, and I'm sitting with the little two who are engrossed in the audio version of The House at Pooh Corner.  John Paul keeps giggling - that Tigger is a pretty funny character!

But the time is drawing to a close and Luke is begging me to let him take a bath so he can play with his matchbox cars in the water.  With snow coming down and nowhere to go, I think he just might have a great idea :)



No comments: