Friday, December 22, 2017

Christmas program

This school continues to be a source of tremendous blessing for our family.  To think this is the second time that our family has received such a gift!  And now we'll start talking about "next time" and wonder who will be in what grade then :)

But first, the Christmas program.

Our elementary schoolers had been re-living the program practice for weeks so I wasn't surprised when I recognized the music, and even the specific lines in the program!  They were all just so excited to be up there performing.  Isaac (who detests a shirt with buttons and was tempted to be ornery about it) beamed the entire time.  When it was over he told me, "I just couldn't stop smiling from my insides."  Pretty impressive for a night in a button-down shirt, huh?


All four of ours are up there, see them?

Then after a brief intermission, the middle schoolers took the stage.


They were so good!  I loved hearing them sing, and mostly I love that these people were such a significant part of Julianna's fall.  To transition to middle school is no small thing, to do it in a new country and coming from a home school context is a pretty big leap.  And she has just rocked it, in many ways thanks to the amazing support of her teachers and classmates.


It is a K-8 school, but they do a great job separating the middle school from the littler ones, and Julianna is heartbroken to leave this place.

At the end of the Christmas program I got this picture of Luke with his prayer partner.  Luke ADORES his prayer partner, seriously adores him.  And it's such a sweet relationship to see blossom. I think the highlight of Luke's Tuesday was that he got to ride in the same car as his prayer partner to the Christmas program rehearsal :).


I have a picture of Julianna with her prayer partner too, but I'm missing the other kids.


Surely in the next few days I'll have a post with a huge photo dump of all these precious people!


No comments: