Wednesday, December 7, 2016

a few more from early December

After school snack buying ... are they ACTING like the locals or are they just LIKE the locals?  A few recent conversations with my oldest have me more and more convinced that while she might look like your standard Caucasian 5th grader, there is a lot of Asian-flavored blood running through those veins!


Tuesday morning laundry... sheets and towels.  I only wash kids' on an every other week rotation (this week was girls' room), but my bedroom every week :)  [mom perks]  Add in our guest laundry and it's often 4-5 loads just to get through those piles.  (Our guest room is a hot spot, and while I obviously wash during the week if someone leaves and a new guest is coming in, if there are weekend guests and no one right on their tail, I'll wait til Tuesday.  Goodness knows Monday has enough laundry woes of it's own!)

Bbottom of this pic is the piles of Monday laundry waiting to be folded, the stuff on the rack waiting to dry, the laundry in the rack (bottom right) waiting to be put away.  Nothing glamorous but a big part of my reality!


Oh no, another kid, another lost tooth!  This front tooth of Isaac's wiggled and waggled and caused plenty of crooked tooth smiles for almost two weeks before it finally bit the dust.  Cuteness.


I love that our world is so walk-able.  We walk almost everywhere.  We walk all the time, every day, off to different places to see, to buy, to visit.

And hardly a walk goes by that something notable doesn't happen.  Yesterday?  This truck, parked right outside our gate.


Ducks and chickens, squawking and flapping and attracting all sorts of attention from our family (but no buyers, whew!)

I'm off to preheat the oven and get some dinner cooking....

3 comments:

Paul said...

seems like someone should be famous for doing laundry, let me think, or is it just a caricature
love Dad

Paul said...

oh I forgot to add, do you give out tickets?
Dad

Mom said...

Your laundry piles are definitely daunting! Know you would love larger, big capacity washer and dryer. Alas, don't think you'll find those there.